The Owen Hart Foundation, through all its programs, has exceeded $4,000,000 in gift giving and endowment contributions.
Home Ownership Program
More than 100 homes purchased
Administered by Momentum, a community economic development organization, the Owen Hart Home Owners Program is a free program that offers people living in low-income situations the opportunity to save for a down payment for a home and helps develop increased money management skills with emphasis on home ownership issues.
The annual report highlights the remarkable resilience of Momentum participants through the twists and turns of the last year under our OHHO signature program.
How It Works
- After successful completion of the Fair Gains or Family Saves one-year program, participants apply to the Owen Hart Home Owners program.
- Participants deposit between $50- $250 per month for one year in a bank account, saving up to a total of $3000. Participants attend regular workshops, peer group meetings and one-on-one consultation sessions.
- After one year, savings are matched at a 2:1 ratio ($2 for every $1 saved). Using matched dollars, participants apply for a mortgage through a mortgage agent or bank of their choice.
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must have:
- Successfully completed the Fair Gains or Family Saves Program.
- Minimal assets and savings and do not already own a home.
- Average to good credit rating.
Classes start in the spring and the fall. If you are interested in participating, call as soon as possible to get your name on the waiting list for the Fair Gains or Family Saves program.
For information on applying to the Owen Hart Foundation Housing Program, contact:
100-525 28 St SE
Calgary, AB T2A 6W9
403 204 2661